Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 2

Was it too good to be true?

Nine days ago I spent a considerable amount of time looking at apartments in Georgia. After convincing myself the salary I was offered was actually a good one, I had chosen a good one, and I had hope it was going to wait for me a couple of months I was going to get it. With that done, I started checking for furniture, but then I realized it was going to take some times to get there anyway... a month or two. So I noved into checking for mattresses. I thought no matter what, that would be the first thing I would buy. But yes, cos I am a dreamer, I also checked the prices of cars... Can you imagine? I don't even have a license yet. And I am no driver. But I was checking cars and they were almost a reality. That was 9 days ago.

On Monday last week I had bad news. My visa. Issues with it. I have told the story about my visa way too many times, so I'll synthesize here. When I renewed it last time, they added a rule to it that says before trying to changing it for an H1 visa (what I need to work), I need o go home for 2 years.

Two fucking years!

They want me to go home for two years, lose my job offer here, go unemployed in Uruguay where I not even have a room.

I have talked to anyone that I thought could help, but the truth is this case is so unusual, no one knows what to do. The embassy told me to go to the consulate. The consulate to the embassy. Some consulate told me to talk to the people in Uruguay. And another said they will be my "middle man" with the ambassador.

I feel screwed. I felt better yesterday... better than last week at least. I thought I should be able to fix this, and I would just go on graduating and moving to Georgia. But today... something really good happened, and made me think that if I lose, I will really lose a lot.

Baykal's professor offered him to go for a year to Georgia Tech. That is like 15 min away from where I plan to live. We would finally and amazingly going to live together. We both wanted. It would be just absolutely perfect if... If my visa issue did not exist.

I am worried... that is the least I can tell. I don't know why I attract this kind of problems. I know I have overcame them all before... But they are all different so it is hard to actually say there is a pattern of me saving the world...

I hope my next entry has good news. I really hope so. I hope this issue goes away. I hope I go back to plan our move to Georgia...

posted by Paula at 4:08 AM


|


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com |
eXTReMe Tracker
© For no one | powered by Blogger | designed by mela | Modified by Ana