Monday, April 04, 2011
Week 3 has just started
Promising... but don't dare get your hopes up.The dean emailed me today. She said they would be still interested in taking me in in Spring. That's good. So I may start next Jan instead of next August. I hope I don't have to, but it is not a bad second option.
If that happens, the only thing to regret is that Baykal will be there without me. It will be like a lost semester. On the other hand, chances are that since I am absolutely broke, I will have to go to Uruguay and be broke there. That is not a bad option after all, and I can tell even though I told my mom she would have to support me, she was happy about this.
Still the visa needs to be figured out though... that will remain a pain in the ass for the next 2 months. That is the time they said it could take them write the letter. Yeah, I guess they write a letter a day. Can someone tell me what the heck does an ambassador do that he can not write this kind of letter?
Going back to the bright side...
If I go home I will have to find something to get some money. I can't just vegetate there. I could tutor students, but I am not sure about that... I mean, that depends on students wanting to be tutored, so it is never certain. I hope I can find some job to make some money... Who knows, it may work out even better than what it seems right now. A long trip home. I would even spend my birthday there... that sounds nice. And of course part of the summer there too. That sounds awesome.
The problem at work... I feel better today about them. I still think I should have came up with a better strategy, but now is it not time to "what if", it is more time to deal with it however I can.
I could avoid them and give myself an even worse name among them... Not that it matters what they think about me... Well I guess in the end it buggs me, so it matters. I won't do that though... I can't live with myself in that kind of situation either. I think I will just have to do like Jenn did, or even lie Brandon did. Do not let them be a bigger part of my life than what they need to be. Jenn and Brandon did their thing in isolation too (which shows this does not happen just to me), so I can do that. Unbelievable, but they will be my role models.
And very important: I can not, repeat: CAN NOT let them scare me. posted by Paula at 1:53 AM
|
